I hold certifications in the following areas:
- Certified in the treatment of chemical addictions by the American Psychological Association College of Professional Studies and the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors
- Qualified by the Department of Transportation as a Substance Abuse Professional
- Certified in the treatment of traumatic stress
- Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist
I treat adolescents and adults who struggle with:
- Substance Abuse
- Mood Disorders including Depression and Bi-Polar Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders including Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Traumatic Stress, Generalized Anxiety and other Anxiety based issues
- Personailty Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders and situational life distress
My therapeutic style is:
- Problem solving and solution focused therapies
- Cognitive Behavioral and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral therapies.
I have been teaching graduate level courses in Psychology at California Southern University/Southern California University of Professional Studies, since 1994.